Maintaining a healthy life balance is not only essential for happiness and well-being; it can also be a tremendous boost to your productivity, relationships and career or business . A well-balanced person has a greater ability to focus on attaining their goals, having more energy and taking productive actions.
Balance in life is not always easy to achieve. How balanced do you think your life is?.
Sometimes we can be really happy in one area of our life and yet be unhappy in another area.
For example: a client of mine is amazingly happy with her relationship with her husband, they have a great life together and a wonderful understanding of each other. However my client is stressed about her financial situation and her career. She made a career move and has been focusing on increasing her income through being self-employed.
She was speaking with her husband one evening and she mentioned that they had not been intimate for a week or so. He replied ‘Honey you have been very busy with your business and have not had time for us recently, I totally understand and when you are less focused on your business we will get back to us.
This is an example of being out of balance, focusing only on one part of your life 100% and not focusing on all of your parts equally.
How do you do this you might ask?
We have several areas in our life we have to juggle at any give time
- Health & Wellness
This is not the complete list but you get the idea. Balancing all of these and more can cause stress and anxiety in many of us.
Here are a 7 tips that might help you:
- Rate out of 10 how happy/content/pleased you are with each area in your life, and notice which ones have the lowest scores.
- Spend more time on the lower scoring parts until you get them to the level you are content with.
- Going forward spend equal amounts of time in all areas in your life.
- Put time limitations to make sure you spend the time daily in each area.
- Be conscious of your weakness’
- Always make time for meditation or reflection or journal, clear your head.
- Consider purging often.
Being in balance in all areas of your life will give you peace, you will also notice new things coming into your life are easier to handle and will slot easily into your current way of life.